Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Trees are BEAUTIFUL - don't you think!

We had recently ordered and had someone plant this tree in our backyard.  Here is a picture of me and the tree - so you can see how big it is. The dirt issue is the next thing to tackle! 

And yes, I know my legs are awfully white! LOL I'm like Miss Scarlet
in Gone with the Wind - I don't do SUN! 

So I decided that I needed to do some TREE cards.  So I CASED one from Pinterest that I loved and made it my own.  I tried one with different colors and one with the leaves slighted colored - so let me know which one you like best.

 I just inked around the sentiment on this one.

 This one I backed the sentiment and put green around the edge too.

This one I did it in the Mambo Melon color.  I think this is my favorite - nice and bright and colorful!

3 comments:

  1. I really like them both, for some reason I can't see the last one. I think I prefer the top one with plain leaves best. Those little butterflies are adorable. I'd have never thought about doing that. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I love Melon Mambo (hint: a LOT!), I have to say the middle card is my favorite - partly for the touches of green in the leaves, and partly because the green layer sets a leafy feel and gives the Melon Mambo in the butterflies something to contrast with. That being said, I think all three cards are wonderful! I like how you made a two-color frame on the first card; I'll have to remember that for one of my own cards.

    ReplyDelete