Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Embossed Tree cards

Today I wanted to share with you some cards that I made with my Darice embossing tree folder.  I have cut out the deer and rabbit with the Artfully Sent Cricut cartridge and the coordinating "thank you" banner from the Art Philosophy cartridge.

I used my newly purchased bristle brushes to ink the trees in the same green as the backing paper and background of the banner.  I like the brushes better than the sponge daubers for projects like this. 



I experimented with different paper to cut the deer and rabbits out - first trying plain paper ....


Then trying to patterned paper.....  I think I like the patterned paper the best.  What do you think?  I wish I had a Happy Autumn stamp but don't.  So for the inside - I think I will write "You are DEER to me!".

Wasn't sure about the position of the banner either - so I tried different positions. Let me know which position you like best if you could.  I think I like the first card's position of the banner the best.



I'm also working on another card - it's not complete yet as I didn't make the branches long enough but wanted to show you the progress before it is completed just for fun.  I like the way it's coming together - what do you think?  Everything was cut from the Cricut machine.  And I stamped the background with leaves and different colors to give it that Autumn look.  Still experimenting with it though. 


Please leave me comments as to suggestions and what you like - I love reading your comments and they make my day bright and sunny!  Again, thanks for visiting and have a great day.

4 comments:

  1. I like these cards! I think you nailed placement of the banner of the first card, but another option would be to stamp your sentiment directly on the card just to the right of the tree trunk to not obscure the leaves so much. The patterned silhouettes are interesting, but my favorite is the solid ones, also on the first card.

    I really like the way the bottom piece is shaping up! I'm not sure I would have thought to place die cuts over the stamped autumn background, but it looks great! I'm eager to see how you finish off the card. Love those tree die cuts!

    Sorry it took me so long to get here with a comment. I hope you'll keep posting because I really enjoy seeing what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apologize for taking forever to comment on this pretty cards Charlene, I've been a bit preoccupied with the blog thing and other family situations.
    I love, love the little scenes you created with this dies, I specially love the last one, with the beautiful background you created by stamping the orange/yellow leaves to create distance and putting the tree trunks and the little critters on the foreground. I imagine this could also become a Winter scene for Christmas.
    Thank you so much for sharing, don't stay away to long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still trying to figure out how to complete the deer card - the last one. Any ideas I would appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charlene, this is Marie D. Love your cards. I may be late for the deer card, but maybe you can add a small butterfly to the deer's nose or put birds on the branches. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete